When it comes to blogging, writing the post is only half the work. The other half is promoting it. If you don’t promote your blog post, you are missing out on a lot of potential traffic that could turn into engaged readers or even customers. You don’t want to put all that work into writing the blog post only to not have anyone read it.
Below is a list of 13 ways you can use social media to get more eyes on your post once it’s been published.
Share the Blog Post
- Share the blog post on Facebook. Bonus: Boost the post for a few dollars with paid Facebook advertising to reach even more people.
- Share the blog post on Twitter. Make sure that you have your Twitter Cards set up (instructions here) so that your tweets will display nicely and be more enticing to click through.
- Use a scheduling tool like Buffer or Hootsuite to schedule the post out on Facebook and Twitter over the next several weeks. If you only share the post once or twice, you’re missing out on a ton of potential traffic. Instead, share the post out many times over the next few months to make sure that all your followers catch it. You will probably want to share it out a lot more frequently on Twitter than on Facebook as the Twitter newsfeed moves fast and it’s easy to miss tweets.
- Create a “Click to Tweet” link to put in the post that will make it really easy for people to share your post on Twitter. Click to Tweet provides an easy way to create a pre-populated tweet that people can share with simply a click. The easier you make it for people to share your post, the more that people will.
- Share a photo on Instagram relating to your post. This could be a graphic from the post or even a photo of the blog post on your computer screen. You can’t put links in an Instagram photo description, so make sure that you have the link to your blog in your bio so that you can direct people there to click through to your website.
- Create a nice Pinterest graphic to pin on Pinterest and link it back to your post. You can use a free online tool like Canva to create the graphic.
Repurpose the Blog Post
- Turn the post into a Slideshare presentation and post it on Slideshare.
- Create an infographic with information from the post and share it on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Do a Periscope on the same topic as the blog post. Click here to learn more about how to get your Periscope viewers to go to your website.
- Record a video blog with the same content as your post and share it on YouTube and Facebook.
Republish the Blog Post
- Medium is a popular content network that was created by Twitter. You can republish your blog posts as they are on Medium and reach a whole new audience of Medium readers.
- LinkedIn, the social network for business professionals, also allows long-form publishing. Posts that are related to business tend to do best on this network.
- Facebook Notes are a relatively new feature to Facebook that is very similar to Medium. You can post your blog post as a Facebook Note, and people will be able to read it right on Facebook.