Content marketing a marketing technique which helps marketers educate a target audience about a product or service or processes. It is taking the world by its own. In today’s time, every organization is shifting their focus on building their content marketing strategy.
It has helped not only in educating the customers, but also in building their brand by engaging with more and more people. Marketers all over the world are worried about building content marketing strategy which includes customer communication, email marketing, lead generation, social media, Website content, SEO & PPC, which means they are concerned about creating a 360-degree approach for content creation & promotion. Some of the stats below will show how content marketing has helped organizations:
- Content marketing leaders experience 7.8 times more site traffic than non-leaders. – Content Marketing Institute
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times as many leads. – DemandMetric
- 93% of B2B marketers use content marketing. – Neil Patel
So, today I’m writing how to apply a 360 Degree approach to your content marketing strategy to get better results:
1.Build Better Content
There is a reason why I didn’t say “Good Content” because everyone is doing it. What you need to do is build better content which people will read and like to share. One thing to keep in mind while creating your strategy is “Content is King”. If your blog post adds some value to your reader, he/she will come back to you again and share it with others. And that’s what will make you a better content marketer. Some tips to create better content are as follows:
- Identify topics which are trending right now. This will help you in getting better traction as people are already reading about it. You can use tools like Buzzsumo to search for the current trends.
- Posting regularly is an important tip which some businesses miss. Doing this keeps your consumers updated and retains your brand name in their minds. It would be better if you post at a time or on a day. This helps people to reconnect with you at that time and they start expecting something from you.
- Considering that 65% of people are visual learners, 90% of information that comes to the brain is visual, you need to build your content strategy around visuals which can be in the form of images, infographics, slideshare presentations or videos.
2. Be Social
You can go on creating awesome content, but if you do not promote it, then nobody will get to know about it. And if nobody knows about it, then it is sorry to say but WASTE. So, if you want to succeed with your content marketing strategy, then share it with your audience on all your social media channels. And if sharing is important then engaging is also equally important. You can also promote it on social media, but getting engaged with your audience is the key. Also, don’t forget to make sure that you’re adding proper call-to-action for attracting people to come to your website for more information. Let me share some tips to get more out of your social media channels:
- You can use social ads to amplify your content reach. A minimal boost on Facebook can go a long way of your content is interesting.
- You can comment on Facebook posts with local intent. This will help you connect better with your audience.
- Replying to tweets where your content is shared keeps you engaged with your audience and gives them a sense of importance.
Though there has been so much innovation, email marketing refuses to go away. This method has helped organizations time and again in keeping their audience engaged.
Email marketing has also proved to be a great drive as it provides valuable insights into the overall success such as open rate or click rate. According to the DMA, each dollar spent on email marketing generates roughly $44 in revenue. Following are some tips which will help you build a better newsletter to get better conversions:
- Personalize your emails with the receiver’s name, e.g. Hello John.
- Send at different times of the day according to your receiver’s time zone.
4. Community Building
This is by far one of the best methods to build engagement with your audience. Forums & communities have been there for a long time. New technologies and websites are coming and replacing the old ones, but the core functionality remains the same. When someone is having a trouble/question, they post it on a forum and when you answer them correctly, it instills your image in their mind as a knowledge expert. Some of the websites which will help you today in achieving this are Quora, Reddit etc. You can create your account and start answering questions. While writing answers smartly put your website url in the answer, you’ll see some good traffic to your site coming from these sites.
The methods mentioned above have helped many organizations with their content strategy and building the brand. I’m sure that you’ll also get benefited by these. If you’ve tried any of them, then I would love to know your experience in the comments section below: