Business to Business (B2B) products and services have a reputation for being a bit dull. In “ye olden days,” B2B marketing was all about serious, “just the facts ma’am“, in the weeds text. In the early years of social media, many even assumed that B2B was not a suitable match for the medium.
Those days are long gone. It’s clear that there are many benefits to participating in the world of social media, from improving SEO to improving relationships with the media; from growing a stellar reputation to growing a loyal customer base.
Humanize your company
“A good laugh is a nice gift to give your customers.”
Make your employees specialists
- Talk about the materials you source and where they come from.
- Discuss the kind of changes that would need to be made to the network in order to create the ideal environment for your solution.
- Go into detail about the languages needed to develop your software.
- Provide examples of the in-depth training required to acquire the level of knowledge necessary to provide your service.
- Offer links to your knowledge base to encourage deeper understanding about how your product can be used and administered.
Source: Maximize Social Business